Soccer administrator Prince Adewale Atiba has unveiled plans ahead the forthcoming Glory League Under-13 Football League billed to commence in March.
The tourney which is schedule to take place at VICSUM School Hall, Omole Phase II, Lagos, will see grassroots football teams jostle for trophy.
Addressing the press during the pre-tournament seminar, Atiba hinted all hands are on deck to make sure the soccer fiesta produce more soccer star capable of hoisting Nigeria flag in the nearest future. He however disclosed screening exercise will be carried out for over three hundred players with the aim to eradicate age cheating.
“ I can confirm to you we are good to go. The turn out is massive and the players are ready to showcase their talent.
“ We have lecture coaches on do and don’t of the competition and I’m sure they will abide by what they have learnt. There won’t be room for age cheating for screening exercise will be carried out and any one caught will certainly face the penalty.
“ The Lagos State Football Federation [LSFA] has also been supportive and we are fetching for more sponsor. I’m sure the event will turn out big and I urge spectators to keep fingers crossed.
“ The tournament will be in a league format which means teams grouped into two will keep playing week in week out till winner emerge.
“ We are doing this to keep starlets ready for future ambition and I’m confident the tourney will be a good one for them,” he opined.
Meanwhile, teams like Golden Boys FC, Makogi FC, Atico FC, Fortune FC, Rising Stars and host of others all disclosed interest.
Post a Comment