Indigenes of Abia State have hailed Chinedu Victor Egbulafor for championing the latest edition of Ngwa Unity Cup.
The football tourney which saw seven local government areas jostle for glory form October 2021 to January 2022, was won by Aba South Local Government Area, while Obingwa emerged second.
Lifting the trophy, the winner was rewarded with the sum of One million five hundred thousand Naira (N1.5M), leaving second placed team to walk away with One million Naira [N1m].
Egbulafor, a Pharmacist turned philanthropist, also splashed the sum of Five Hundred Thousand Naira [N500,000] on third placed team, Aba North Local Government before consoling Ugwunagbo with Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N200,000] for finishing fourth.
Speaking after the competition, the US based soccer enthusiast hinted he never staged the tourney for political ambition. He however urged indigenes to be of good behaviour capable of promoting the state.
“ I’m not staging this to font my political ambition. I’m a philanthropist and I won’t relent doing more for my community.
“ Aside football competition, I also made sure medical attention and help was given to all. I’m only doing this to reach out to my people and I will love others to emulate my attitude. As long as I live, I will make sure my foundation remain active to bring the best out of out in terms of sports, education and other activities,” he promised.
Post a Comment