All Set For Maiden U-17 YEAGGO Cup

 

Organisers of the maiden edition of under-17 Youth Earnestly Asking For Good Governance [YEAGGO] Cup, has hinted readiness for the grassroots soccer fiesta billed to kick off this weekend at Ebute Metta, Lagos. 

The sixteen teams tourney scheduled to end mid – February, will see top three teams grab the sum of Two hundred thousand [N200,000], One Hundred and Fifty Thousand [N150,000] and Hundred Thousand Naira [N100,000] respectively. It was also revealed the teams will also walk away with soccer kits capable of inspiring them to an enviable height. 

Speaking at the trophy presentation held in Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos, YEAGGO founder, Prince Abdul Akeem Animashaun stated all hands are deck to make the tourney a memorable one. 

“ I can tell you all is set for this tourney. It’s high time we engage the youth in the street of lagos and I believe football remain the key to this. 

“ I once play football and I know the impact on youth. Football is a game capable of eradicating thuggery, Internet fraud and other deviant attitude. YEAGGO will splash monetary reward and soccer kit to impressive lads. 

“ Having said these, I will also make sure the kits get to the starlets because it came to my notice lot of players have been deprived of this in past grassroots soccer tourney. I urge all to keep fingers cross ahead of Sunday opener,” he stated. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post