I’m Glad To Be Back— Uzoho

 


Omonia Nicosia goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho says he’s delighted to be back with the Super Eagles after a lengthy injury layoff.

The 2013 U17 World Cup winner suffered a horrific knee injury during a prestige international friendly with Brazil in October 2019 after landing awkwardly, leaving him on the sidelines for the remainder of the 2019-2020 season.

Uzoho lost his first-choice role for the Super Eagles after recovering from the long-term injury, with rookie goalkeeper Maduka Okoye getting the nod from erstwhile manager Gernot Rohr.

The 23-year-old made only one appearance for the national team during the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, the home game against Lesotho.

On his mindset now that he’s back from injury, Uzoho told MTN Nigeria’s We Move With Super Eagles : “My mindset is still the same, it has always been the same to be stronger.

“I understand that injuries are part of the game and like you said I’m back with the team now, I’m happy and I have to be focused and don’t think about injuries anymore.”

Uzoho was delighted to play a part as the Super Eagles qualified for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.

“I feel proud like every other Nigerian out there because I know what this qualification ticket means to them and the whole country.

“I feel proud because I’m part of this team that made it happen”.

Of the three goalkeepers that tasted action for the Super Eagles at the last Africa Cup of Nations, Uzoho was the only one that managed to keep a clean sheet, against Tunisia in the third place playoff.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post